SUPER SIMPLE BLACK FOREST TRAIL MIX

SUPER SIMPLE BLACK FOREST TRAIL MIX

Y’all, we adore trail mixes! they are a exceptional way to percent in a few protein and fruit and also you don’t need an entire lot to top off. i love to hold a small box of trial mix in my handbag for once I’m out and approximately longer than predicted however don’t need to power through the short food vicinity to meet my starvation. We also like to deliver them on road journeys due to the fact they require no refrigeration!

I first attempted a model of this Black forest trail mix whilst we ordered a package deal from my daughter’s lady Scouts fall fundraiser. We brought it on a road experience and everyone loved it! I knew it changed into simple sufficient that I could try to make my very own model and omit the more soy (why do so many things upload soy?) and manipulate the amount of salt we've got.

there is lots discussion approximately in which the traditional black wooded area mixture of chocolate and cherries comes from however one aspect’s for certain it has its roots in the Black forest place of Germany. recognised for its bitter cherries and the Germans’ love of chocolate, it’s best herbal that these  flavors teamed as much as become the well-wellfamous combination like I’m sharing on this recipe.

My Black forest trail mix is complete of protein and nutrient rich nuts and dried fruit like cherries and hazelnuts and just a piece of dark chocolate—an appropriate aggregate of salty and sweet! Get the recipe at MealPlanningMagic.com

i found the darkish chocolate chips inside the baking aisle at my neighborhood Kroger so that they need to be quite easy a good way to discover too (I’m annoying to try them in cookies). if you don’t like darkish chocolate, you could alternative semi-sweet chocolate chips but i'm able to say that I’m generally the only one in my own family that likes dark chocolate but everyone in my circle of relatives could not get enough of this Black forest trail mix! even though my recipe shows salted nuts, you could trade it up based totally to your own choices and pick out unsalted nuts instead if you want. I got my hazelnuts at trader Joe’s but I did note them in the bulk bins at Kroger multiple weeks ago.


document this advert
 
My Black woodland path blend is complete of protein and nutrient rich nuts and dried fruit like cherries and hazelnuts and simply a bit of darkish chocolate—an appropriate mixture of salty and sweet! Get the recipe at MealPlanningMagic.com

i love to buy my dried fruit at Costco or ALDI when i will. Did you already know that Aldi does no longer sell any foods with artificial coloring? That’s what i like approximately their dried fruit due to the fact many large, 9aaf3f374c58e8c9dcdd1ebf10256fa5 brands have synthetic dyes. however they’re now not vital at all! The manufacturers of dried fruit I purchase at Costco
My husband virtually loves the dried cherries and could regularly sprinkle a handful on top of his cereal. i've seen dried cherries at grocery shops like ALDI (not a regular object though from what i'm able to tell) or complete ingredients. My Kroger and HEB appear to be a bit greater sporadic about what dried culmination they create past the same old raisins and dried cranberries however it’s well worth checking your neighborhood keep. every now and then they'll have those forms of dried fruit inside the bulk food phase too.


file this ad
 
this will without problems be doubled or tripled in case you are making it for a crowd but i can say the original recipe truly makes loads! Or make up a big batch to take to your subsequent road experience in conjunction with some of these different higher For You road experience Snacks. i'm hoping you’ll give the Black forest trail mix a attempt!

My Black woodland trail blend is complete of protein and nutrient wealthy nuts and dried fruit like cherries and hazelnuts and simply a piece of dark chocolate—the precise combination of salty and sweet! Get the recipe at MealPlanningMagic.com


document this ad
 
My Black woodland path blend is complete of protein and nutrient wealthy nuts and dried fruit like cherries and hazelnuts and just a piece of darkish chocolate—an appropriate combination of salty and sweet! Get the recipe at MealPlanningMagic.com
 Print
 Prep Time 10 minutes
 total Time 10 minutes
 Servings 14 servings
 author Meal making plans Magic
ingredients
1 cup darkish chocolate chip/chunks
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup roasted salted peanuts
1 cup whole salted almonds
1 cup salted roasted cashews entire, not pieces
1 cup hazelnuts also called filberts
commands
In a massive blending bowl, integrate all substances till calmly mixed.
save in an airtight field for up to one month--if it lasts that lengthy!

Comments